“Teeth! They are very much in style. They must be very much worthwhile.” – Dr. Suess
A smile is an asset that you get to own for the rest of your lives; all you need to do is to take special care of teeth that actually make your smile worthwhile. As a matter of fact, dental hygiene not only holds significance in terms of a smile but also affects overall health. Ironically, Dental Health is the most neglected sector of health diagnosis; people generally consider it to be minuscule.
Surprisingly enough, periodontal bacteria that cause dental plaque can enter your bloodstream and cause numerous dysfunctions in your body. And, once they do that, not a single body part is left untouched by the disease-carrying plague.
Here we are sharing some eye-opening facts related to dental care that will completely change your take on dental hygiene.
- Poor Dental Hygiene may cause respiratory diseases.
- Dental Plague can lead to heart diseases.
- Dental Infections can cause prostate problems in men and infertility in women.
- Inflamed gums can kill brain cells and may lead to memory loss.
Poor Dental Hygiene may lead to the following.
- Halitosis: This is where people experience an unpleasant smell from their mouth.
- Periodontal Disease: The primary effect of poor hygiene results in an Infection that starts affecting the gum.
- Heart Disease: Heart being the essential organ that pumps blood to the body, can also be plagued by the periodontal bacteria entering the bloodstream causing heart diseases.
- Atherosclerosis: It is a condition where plaque builds up inside the arteries due to the plague bacteria running in the bloodstream.
- Respiratory Problems: Periodontal bacteria can enter the lungs through the bloodstream and cause respiratory problems.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Periodontal bacteria can block blood flow by entering the bloodstream.
So, no matter whether you are currently experiencing signs of dental infection or not, make a promise to yourself that you will get a dental check-up at least twice a year because a simple step towards a healthy lifestyle can bring about drastic changes in the coming years of your life.
Stay updated with our latest blog uploads.