“The body benefits from movement, and the mind benefits from stillness.” – Sakyong Mipham
Undoubtedly, our lifestyle is changing at a much faster pace than what we may have expected a few years back. We are so engrossed in our social lives these days that we have forgotten the importance of self-care. We are always looking for easier and quicker ways to get our work done. And, honestly, for such a lifestyle, meditation is the best solution.
Moreover, meditation is one such relaxation technique that not only calms your mind but also offers numerous health benefits. It can relax your mind, increase your focus, lengthen your attention span, boost your self-control, improves your sleep cycle, boosts endorphins, strengthen immunity, slows ageing and much more.
In a literal sense, meditation is a gift of God as it requires the least effort, but the benefits are endless. And, you will be surprised to know how 15-30 minutes of meditation every day can help you rewire your brain into attaining the maximum efficiency.
Benefits of Meditation for the Brain
- Increases Neurogenesis: Meditation helps your neural stem cells produce more number of neurons, which enhances your thinking capabilities.
- Increases Grey Matter in Brain:Studies show that prolonged meditation practices help increase grey matter in the brain which will further improve attention span, self-control, and bodily awareness.
- Enhances Brain Plasticity: Meditation increases the number of neural connections in the right frontal cortex, right insula, and parietal and temporal lobes.
- Boosts Learning Ability: Meditation if done regularly, can improve the blood flow to the brain, positively affecting the network of blood vessels in the cerebral cortex, hence improving memory.
- Offers More Brain Integration: Meditation balances both left and right hemispheres of the brain, resulting in an improved logical, mathematical, practical as well as intuitive and creative thinking respectively.
- Helps You Attain Laser-Like Focus: Meditation helps tame our wild-senses by optimising the flow of sensory information, in turn, helping you get rid of the stress of micro-managing tasks. This way you can focus on a single job more efficiently.
Owing to the fact that meditation does wonders for our brain, we all should try to meditate for at least 15 minutes daily. This practice will completely change your life for the better.
Stay updated with our latest blog uploads.